Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Hubspot Certification


In this blog post, I am going to talk about the Hubspot Certification that I recently passed. For those of you who don't know, "Hubspot is an inbound marketing software platform that helps companies attract visitors, convert leads, and close customers." Traditional marketing is focused on cold calls, direct mail and advertising to consumers. Hubspot is focused on attracting potential buyers instead of interrupting them by cold-calling them or sending them direct mail. Inbound marketing involves creating content, optimizing it for search engines, and posting it to social media. You should then attract your prospects with landing pages, calls to action, and personalized emails and websites. That is what Hubspot describes as inbound marketing and the way you should market to human beings. If you want to learn more about what Hubspot is, visit the following link: http://www.hubspot.com/what-is-hubspot.

How I achieved a Hubspot Certification
I am currently taking an SEO marketing class and we were required to take and pass the exam to achieve the Hubspot Certification. I have the class twice a week and we watch approximately three videos from hubspot.com each class. For me, the videos were what really helped me pass the exam. I knew that I was required to pass the exam, so I made sure that I paid close attention to all of the videos. The videos discuss different topics that are important for SEO and inbound marketing. All of the topics that were discussed in the videos we watched were definitely covered on the exam in at least one of the questions. I was able to see what topics on the exam that I did well on and those that I did not do well on. After the exam was over it gave a percentage on how well I did on each topic. I found this to be helpful because it showed what I knew and what I should further look it to help me better understand inbound marketing. I was able to pass, however if you are unable to on your first try, you should pay close attention to these percentages. They will show you what you topics you will need to study for the next time you try to pass the exam. I suggest trying to pass this exam because it will improve your resume and be attractive to potential job recruiters.

No comments:

Post a Comment