Thursday, March 17, 2016

Creating a Free Website



In my SEO marketing class, we were required to make a website. The professor gave us the option of creating a site on Google, or on Weebly. I chose to create my site on Weebly.com. I have not fully finished editing my site or adding content to it. However, I do plan on adding information about myself this semester. Last semester I added a couple pictures and created a contact page that would then send people to a landing page. The landing page was a simple page that said "thank you". The goal of this was to track how many people reached this landing page by submitting their contact information. We are now again using Weebly to further help us understand SEO.


Another platform that you can try for free is Wix. I used Wix.com which is a web development platform that allows users to create web sites and mobile sites through the use of online drag and drop tools. I used this platform to make a website for a product I had to create for my marketing strategy class last semester. The product I created was a pair of heat activated football receiver gloves. Wix made it very easy for me to add images and customize the website to look the way I wanted it to. It may not look as professional as other websites look, but for a class project, I thought it was a great platform to use. If you are looking to create a website and are low on funds I would definitely suggest either of these two platforms. They are both user friendly and free to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment