Thursday, October 1, 2015

Facebook Ad

Today, I am going to inform you about my Facebook Ad that I recently created. In previous blogs I gave some information about Facebook Ads and listed five steps on how to make one. I also talked about how they are a great way to track how many website clicks you are receiving. The website I used to track was my blog: http://ericrubel.blogspot.com/.


My objective for my Facebook Ad was "Clicks to Website". There were many other objectives that I could have chosen, but getting "Clicks to Website" was the required objective for the Ad. I created my Facebook Ad on September 23rd and had it set to run from September 24th through September 29th. In addition to picking the number of days to run the Ad, I had to pick the amount of money that I wanted to spend on it. I chose to do a lifetime budget and I spent $20 on the Ad with a cost of result at $1.05. The location that I chose to target was just the state of Illinois. I could have picked a bigger target, but I thought it would be cool to only look at how many people I would target from the state I live in. In addition to the geographic target, I had to select  an age range. The age range I selected was anyone 18 years of age or older. Lastly, I had to pick certain interests to target my Facebook Ad to. Since this blog is mainly about Google Analytics and Digital Marketing, I selected these two interests.


Results
My Facebook Ad officially stopped running on September 29th at 11:43 am. I ended up reaching 2,639 people, and received a total of 19 clicks. My Ad was displayed on the right desktop column, and the audience that I reached was 53% female (10 clicks), and 47% male (9 clicks). As the graph shows below, I received the most clicks on September 27th with a total of 10 clicks for that day (click on the picture to see a bigger version of the graph). I have never ran a Facebook Ad, so this was cool for me to see how many people I could reach and target from a Facebook Ad based on the money I spent, and the people I chose to target.



No comments:

Post a Comment