Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Reflection on Sports Fundriaising


In this post, I am going to talk an article that I recently wrote. The article I wrote was about sports fundraising. The website mentioned why people need to do fundraising for sports and what type of products are attractive to people for fundraising. Some of the products they mentioned were chocolate bars, lollipops, cookie dough, and pizza. All are great ideas that people would be willing to buy to help a kid with a fundraiser. In the article, I also talked about my experience in sports fundraising and I mentioned how I sold candy bars when I played park district baseball. I felt that giving a personal experience would better attract the attention of the readers and help support sports fundraising because of the great experience I had with it. Another idea I mentioned that would help generate money for a sports team was a fundraising event such as a golf outing. Below, I have attached a link to my article if you are interested.








http://www.rgbexchange.org/nonprofits/fundraising/fundraising-sports






Although sports fundraising is cool to learn about, the purpose of writing the article was to post it on rgbexchange.org to improve it's search rank. The website is for "non-profit organizations to leverage market dynamics and help people channel resources to where they are most effectively used". As a class, we are using this website to help understand SEO. Below, I have attached two pictures.  The first one is a picture of my posting of my article on my LinkedIn account. I posted the article on LinkedIn to allow other people to see the article and visit the website. The bottom picture is a screenshot of the SEO rank checker. The screenshot shows the rgbexchance.org search rank results. The website has not ranked any higher than it did when I last posted a screenshot of the rank checker. However, the hope is to get the website towards the top of search results whenever people type in the word fundraising. We hope to do this by writing articles related to fundraising that people may be interested.









































Displaying linkedin.PNG
Displaying linkedin.PNG

No comments:

Post a Comment