Monday, February 29, 2016

Hootsuite







In my last three Social Media Marketing blogs, I talked about three different social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. In this blog post I am going to move on from social media sites and talk about Hootsuite. Some of you may not be aware of what Hootsuite is and how it can help you. So in this blog post I am going to describe what Hootsuite is, and tell you how you can use it to help you manage social media sites.

Hootsuite is a social media management site that was created in 2008 by Ryan Holmes. It was created to be a system that would provide assistance with brand management by allowing someone to to develop and post content to multiple social networks. I would suggest creating at least two or three social media accounts to post to. Once you create them, I would suggest connecting them to Hootsuite. Connecting the social media sites to Hootsuite will make it easy for you to post content on multiple networks. It will save you the time and hassle of having to post the same exact content separately on each social media site. Anything that makes it easier and/or less hassle, to develop and post content it is a good thing.

Understanding Hootsuite
To fully understand the kind of things you will be able to do in Hootsuite, I suggest taking a look at www.hootsuite.com. The menus at the the top of the Hootsuite homepage are: Products, Solutions, Plans, Services, Resources, and About Us. I would first suggest looking at the "About Us" page to get familiar with the site and understand how everything works on it. Once you gain a brief understanding of it, I would then suggest taking a look at "Plans", and "Pricing". It will show you the plans they have and how much they cost. These pages will also show that there is a free version, and there is "social listening", which will help you get a sense of what people are saying about you on any of your social media sites. In my next Social Media Marketing blog post, I will further talk about the benefits of Hootsuite, and I will also tell you how you can create and configure your own Hootsuite account.





No comments:

Post a Comment